View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bam
Admin

Character sheet
Class: High
Choice:

PostSubject: Don't know if it has anything to do with adding the banner over there   Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:45 pm

but I'm having a horrible time loading pages over at http://jgbng.forumotion.com/ now. I didn't time it, but it's taking minutes to load. Are you guys having this trouble?
Back to top Go down
http://tttt.niceboard.net
Outlaw
Admin

Character sheet
Class: Rogue
Choice:

PostSubject: Re: Don't know if it has anything to do with adding the banner over there   Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:49 pm

I was noticing that too. Thought it may have been the wifi Ii was using.
Back to top Go down
bam
Admin

Character sheet
Choice:

PostSubject: Re: Don't know if it has anything to do with adding the banner over there   Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:50 pm

Right now... it's still loading. Can't even get it to come up.
Back to top Go down
Outlaw
Admin

Character sheet
Choice:

PostSubject: Re: Don't know if it has anything to do with adding the banner over there   Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:51 pm

It also isn't very smartphone friendly. It looks good on my laptop but on here it still stretches out the screen...
Back to top Go down
bam
Admin

Character sheet
Choice:

PostSubject: Re: Don't know if it has anything to do with adding the banner over there   Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:52 pm

It may be because the header is big enough that it's sort of blocking the normal ad space.
Back to top Go down
Outlaw
Admin

Character sheet
Choice:

PostSubject: Re: Don't know if it has anything to do with adding the banner over there   Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:55 pm

I took it down for now.
Back to top Go down
bam
Admin

Character sheet
Choice:

PostSubject: Re: Don't know if it has anything to do with adding the banner over there   Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:58 pm

The site/page comes right up now.

I think that banner is going to have to be smaller to work correctly. Also, I'm not sure how you're hosting the image. That may also play into loading speed.
Back to top Go down
Zvon
Admin

Character sheet
Class:
Choice: Yourself

PostSubject: Re: Don't know if it has anything to do with adding the banner over there   Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:34 pm

When I first got here today the browser was at the bottom of the page and would not scroll up. It was wacky. I rebooted the place a few times b4 it fixed itself. Probly my browser tho. It's been testy.

Images are currently from my Picasa collection.
Back to top Go down
Zvon
Admin

Character sheet
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Don't know if it has anything to do with adding the banner over there   Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:26 pm

I just came from the JG to here and our current banner here (same as there) looks much crisper here. Great job Bam. Now if it's not there when you get here today, and If I cant put it back, dont yell at me. Time waits for no man nor woman.

Wink
Back to top Go down
Zvon
Admin

Character sheet
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Don't know if it has anything to do with adding the banner over there   Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:52 pm

The thing replacing the OUTLAWS av is just to see how that looks. Id like to have something to rep old groups. Maybe I can do a small thing like that. Does everyone have copies of old avatars that they wore? I have that old Colin w/the beer. I have a few avatars from back then. Anyone else?
Back to top Go down
Outlaw
Admin

Character sheet
Choice:

PostSubject: Re: Don't know if it has anything to do with adding the banner over there   Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:35 pm

I might be able to dig up the Sith Lord avatar I used to use...
Back to top Go down
Outlaw
Admin

Character sheet
Choice:

PostSubject: Re: Don't know if it has anything to do with adding the banner over there   Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:44 pm

Back to top Go down
Outlaw
Admin

Character sheet
Choice:

PostSubject: Re: Don't know if it has anything to do with adding the banner over there   Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:10 pm

Remember the personal signature banners Gene used to make us? I wish I still had some of them...
Back to top Go down
Zvon
Admin

Character sheet
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Don't know if it has anything to do with adding the banner over there   Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:33 pm

Outlaw wrote:

That is kool. I don't recall that. I assume Gene has copies of his own stuff. Ask him.

Thats the "wild" version up now. Thats using all the mat I have, pretty much. Touched on as many as I could...dont even know who some of those images are attached to. But that could be one way to go, try and get everything in. If others have their old avs or pics things can be added (or removed).

I always gotta make a trippy version Smile
Back to top Go down
bam
Admin

Character sheet
Choice:

PostSubject: Re: Don't know if it has anything to do with adding the banner over there   Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:55 pm

I've used a lot of different avatars. Some of the earlier ones:

Back to top Go down
Zvon
Admin

Character sheet
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Don't know if it has anything to do with adding the banner over there   Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:08 am

I like those , thank you. I'd probably want to add the headless lady one to the trip.
Back to top Go down
Zvon
Admin

Character sheet
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Don't know if it has anything to do with adding the banner over there   Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:34 pm

Bam, I've been experimenting with resizing banners through their options. Seem making them smaller looks okay. But if I try to have two sizes for the same banner, they don't seem to allow that. I upload it but it just does not appear in the gallery box.
Back to top Go down
bam
Admin

Character sheet
Choice:

PostSubject: Re: Don't know if it has anything to do with adding the banner over there   Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:29 pm

I've never really used the gallery, but it looks to me like the last 3 you've loaded are the same header. The first one (banner15) is larger and the other two (banner16 & banner17) are smaller, but the same size as each other. The last two are in the next box (hit the arrow). Is that what you mean?

I've always just messed around linking to stuff in photobucket where I'd have as many sizes as I wanted to try.
Back to top Go down
Zvon
Admin

Character sheet
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Don't know if it has anything to do with adding the banner over there   Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:44 pm

bam wrote:
I've never really used the gallery, but it looks to me like the last 3 you've loaded are the same header.  The first one (banner15) is larger and the other two (banner16 & banner17) are smaller, but the same size as each other.  The last two are in the next box (hit the arrow).   Is that what you mean?

I've always just messed around linking to stuff in photobucket where I'd have as many sizes as I wanted to try.

When I change the header, not using a link method, straight upload, it takes the banner and puts it in a box that you can get to by clicking "see examples". It's just such a strange set-up. Might be better in some ways, but it'll take time to figure out for sure.

Yea, the size that I upload it is always the same-actual size. I was messing with their choices. Smaller looked okay but I'm still seeing a loss in quality between the original and the banner viewed above. I think you've figured out how to keep that looking sharp. You set it up with a banner next, pick one. Have you designed any yourself?
Back to top Go down
bam
Admin

Character sheet
Choice:

PostSubject: Re: Don't know if it has anything to do with adding the banner over there   Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:06 am

I haven't designed any because you've done such a good job already, putting all the requested elements in. Also, I've had message board banner creation block. Futhermore, I don't have all the bits of times past. Though, just now typing this, I did have an idea that I might try.
Back to top Go down
Zvon
Admin

Character sheet
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Don't know if it has anything to do with adding the banner over there   Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:39 pm

bam wrote:
I haven't designed any because you've done such a good job already, putting all the requested elements in.  Also, I've had message board banner creation block.  Futhermore, I don't have all the bits of times past.  Though, just now typing this, I did have an idea that I might try.

Please feel free to try it. I'm just churning things out as possibilities. Join the fun Smile

I think I'll make another basket where we can round up/collect all the old images we have amongst us from over the years. You should have access to all I have and visa versa.
Back to top Go down
Zvon
Admin

Character sheet
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Don't know if it has anything to do with adding the banner over there   Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:41 pm

bam wrote:
I haven't designed any because you've done such a good job already, ...

Oh, and thank you. I tend to read right thru compliments.
Back to top Go down
Outlaw
Admin

Character sheet
Choice:

PostSubject: Re: Don't know if it has anything to do with adding the banner over there   Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:47 pm

What software do I need, Photoshop?
Back to top Go down
Zvon
Admin

Character sheet
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Don't know if it has anything to do with adding the banner over there   Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:11 pm

Outlaw wrote:
What software do I need, Photoshop?

I believe Photoshop would do it. I am not experienced at all with the Photoshop products.

I use Paint Shop Pro-7 from the early 2000s. It's the same program I used back then in the CC days. Using it for over 10 years I have learned a lot of what it can do. It is so deep yet there is still much to be learned. It came with a 500 page users manual.

It's available now as a free program, I think at Downloads.com. I recommend PsP-7 (7 only, not 5,6 or 8,9,10,11), and if you have any questions about the program I can help you with those.
Bam might be more familiar with the Photoshop products.

Back to top Go down
bam
Admin

Character sheet
Choice:

PostSubject: Re: Don't know if it has anything to do with adding the banner over there   Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:29 pm

I use an old version of Photoshop Elements. I've just stuck with it because I know it. I've read that newer versions are less versatile, but I don't know. I remember someone (remember Aric from Wow, Z?) mentioning they used GIMP, which is free and still supported. http://www.gimp.org/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Don't know if it has anything to do with adding the banner over there   

Back to top Go down

Don't know if it has anything to do with adding the banner over there
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next