Back to top Go down
http://tttt.niceboard.net
Zvon
Admin

Character sheet
Class:
Choice: Yourself

PostSubject: Re: VOTING BAR... YEA OR NAY?   Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:19 am

A test of the blutanbann is up. I think id be making that smaller--didnt expect it to take up the whole top. Ill work on that.
Back to top Go down
Zvon
Admin

Character sheet
Class:

PostSubject: Re: VOTING BAR... YEA OR NAY?   Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:31 pm

Bam, the header is uploaded to the board itself? Is there a choice to link an image like they do with an avatar?

The actual size of these are smaller by about 20,25%.
Back to top Go down
bam
Admin

Character sheet
Class: High
Choice:

PostSubject: Re: VOTING BAR... YEA OR NAY?   Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:18 pm

Zvon wrote:
Bam, the header is uploaded to the board itself? Is there a choice to link an image like they do with an avatar?

There are default style sheets for the board, which is what makes changing stuff here so easy... well, compared to a place like Hindsight, where you'd probably have to write your own style sheets and know exactly where to upload both the style sheets and the images to make it all work out.  When you're in the admin pics management area here, there is the place to link to your already uploaded pics - like I assume you've been doing.  Right below each place where you can do that for each of the various pics, there is place to "upload a picture".  That is www.servimg.com, which I believe is just an image hosting place they've affiliated with to make it even easier to make changes if you don't already have images hosted somewhere else, like photobucket, imgur, etc.  I haven't tried using it for a few years.

As far as size, I don't know what it does here size-wise, but I do know that I've had to mess around with sizes in the past to get things to look the way I want them to.

I'm not sure that linking the pics through your Picassa/google thing is the most efficient when working with this place.  I know that some of the links you tried to make at HS didn't work at all, so it's possible that it was part of the problem at Outlaws.  I don't have experience with it, so I don't know.  It's just a blind guess.  The problem could have just been that it was too big and blocking out some of their ad space at Outlaws.

Sorry I didn't answer this before... I was in the middle of posting yesterday and I nodded off. Sleep
Back to top Go down
bam
Admin

Character sheet
Class: High
Choice:

PostSubject: Re: VOTING BAR... YEA OR NAY?   Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:21 pm

And now I've got to go help my former employer resize some pictures. It'll probably take me 1 minute to do once I'm there, but, damn it, now I've got to get dressed! I'll look back here later.
Back to top Go down
Outlaw
Admin

Character sheet
Class: Rogue
Choice:

PostSubject: Re: VOTING BAR... YEA OR NAY?   Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:12 pm

I'm gonna get rid of those ads soon too.
Back to top Go down
Zvon
Admin

Character sheet
Class:

PostSubject: Re: VOTING BAR... YEA OR NAY?   Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:46 pm

bam wrote:
Zvon wrote:

There are default style sheets for the board, which is what makes changing stuff here so easy... well, compared to a place like Hindsight, where you'd probably have to write your own style sheets and know exactly where to upload both the style sheets and the images to make it all work out.  When you're in the admin pics management area here, there is the place to link to your already uploaded pics - like I assume you've been doing.  Right below each place where you can do that for each of the various pics, there is place to "upload a picture".  That is www.servimg.com, which I believe is just an image hosting place they've affiliated with to make it even easier to make changes if you don't already have images hosted somewhere else, like photobucket, imgur, etc.  I haven't tried using it for a few years.

As far as size, I don't know what it does here size-wise, but I do know that I've had to mess around with sizes in the past to get things to look the way I want them to.

I'm not sure that linking the pics through your Picassa/google thing is the most efficient when working with this place.  I know that some of the links you tried to make at HS didn't work at all, so it's possible that it was part of the problem at Outlaws.  I don't have experience with it, so I don't know.  It's just a blind guess.  The problem could have just been that it was too big and blocking out some of their ad space at Outlaws.

Sorry I didn't answer this before... I was in the middle of posting yesterday and I nodded off. Sleep

I trust you'll find the best way to post the pics keeping quality in mind. Wherever you choose to have em supported is fine with me. I'm kinda tied to my Picassa cause of my blog. I know they don't mess with my resolutions, sizes and formats. I just wanted to know if they gave you the option somewhere. When I changed the header here I could only find the option to upload.
I think there is an image support war going on and we are in the middle of it. lol. These things are supposed to work together. Picassa is difficult on anything non-google. And thats fucked up.
Its a conspiracy I tells ya.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VOTING BAR... YEA OR NAY?   

Back to top Go down

VOTING BAR... YEA OR NAY?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1